Preview ahead of the trip to Union
1. FC Köln make the trip to the Stadion An der Alten Försterei on Sunday afternoon to take on 1. FC Union Berlin. Markus Gisdol is in search of his first win as FC boss, which would be the perfect confidence boost to build on the draw against FC Augsburg.
The Number Crunch: Away to Union
1. FC Köln will hope to bring back the times of old when they took on Union Berlin. After the capital club took four points from six last term, FC will want to get back to winning ways against Union. Here are 10 numbers to get you in the mood for Sunday’s clash.
FC results from the weekend
It was a mixed weekend for FC, as the Frauen couldn’t build on their win over Leverkusen and were narrowly beaten by SC Sand. The under-21s were pegged back late on in the derby, but there were wins for the under-19s and under-17s as they stay on course at the right end of the table.
Drexler: “The fans pushed us on”
After the battling 1:1 draw against Augsburg, NetCologne FC-TV spoke with Dominick Drexler, Benno Schmitz and Markus Gisdol.
Cordoba rescues a point
1. FC Köln battled to a deserved draw against FC Augsburg on Saturday afternoon at the RheinEnergieSTADION. Both sides were shown first-half red cards that sandwiched the opening goal from Florian Niederlechner. Jhon Cordoba rescued a point thanks to a superb solo strike at the death.
Preview before the game against Augsburg
1. FC Köln take on FC Augsburg on Saturday afternoon at the RheinEnergieSTADION. It’s Markus Gisdol’s first home game in charge of FC, and he’ll be hoping to start it with a bang.
The Number Crunch: At home against Augsburg
It’s a Saturday showdown between 1. FC Köln and FC Augsburg at the RheinEnergieSTADION. There’s a lot on the line as we enter the final stretch leading up to the Winter Break. Here are 10 numbers to get you in the mood for the game.
FC make visit to children’s hospital
On Wednesday, a special appointment was in the calendar for the 1. FC Köln players. They visited the children’s hospital on Amsterdamer Straße to hand out Christmas gifts.
FC beaten by Leipzig
1. FC Köln fell to a 4:1 defeat against Leipzig on Saturday evening. The hosts went 3:0 up after goals from Timo Werner, Emil Forsberg and Konrad Laimer. Rafael Czichos gave FC hope before the break, but Emil Forsberg’s late free-kick killed any hopes of a comeback.